Monday, March 4, 2013

Only two weeks left

Why does time have to go by SO quickly! I am trying my very best to focus on this wonderful experience for what it is, but can't help and think about how I only have two weeks left. Everything is so natural now. I have formed such wonderful relationships with all of my students. I have formed wonderful relationships with the staff members. My host family has become like my real family. I feel like I have been living and working here for years. I absolutely love Ireland and all it has to offer. I think back to my first week of being here in Ireland and student teaching, and I am really proud of myself for how much I have grown, learned, experienced, etc. in the past ten weeks. I still have two weeks left, and I will be focusing on all the positive that is to come in those two weeks!
But for now, I will fill you in on what I did last week. One of the main goals I had for my students this week was not school related but rather health realted. Convent Primary school does something called "W.O.W" which means  walk on wednesday. This is a school wide thing, and it is pretty much a program that encourages the girls to walk to school every wednesday. The rules go like this: which ever class has the most students walking wins the "golden runner". The purpose of this is to get the girl out there, and to encourage them to be healthy and active - even if it is as simple as walking to school. This week I really encouraged my students to walk to school. I told them that we had to win the golden runner before I left! The results were great :) we had every girl in the class except one walking to school. Today at assembly we were awarded the golden runner. !!! I was so proud of the girls and they were really excited! Besides our golden runner award, the week was pretty calm (which never happens) Mothers day in Ireland is March 10th, and St. Patricks day is coming up so we have been working on a lot of themed activities and lessons! We made a beautiful mothers day art project that the girls will be taking home with them this week. Besides school, I decided to do a little traveling this weekend! I went to Cork and visited some of the friends I made in Killarney. They go to school in Cork so I had my very own personal tour of the city! I really enjoyed Cork. We spent almost the entire time outside walking around and taking in the sights. We had a beautiful weekend of weather :) My cooperating teacher is getting married this coming weekend and she asked me to the wedding! So while I was in Cork I did some shopping and found a dress for the wedding. I am really excited so be apart of her special day! Like I said so much to which I can look forward!

beautiful church in Cork

UCC

Cork



No comments:

Post a Comment