Monday, February 25, 2013

Time flies when you're having fun


 Sorry it has been a bit since I have last updated my blog! For the long weekend, I decided to spend my time in Galway. I absolutely loved it! I spent most of my time there just walking around and enjoying the city! I did a lot of shopping and just enjoyed myself. This past week was extremely busy (as it always is!). Monday the school hosted an open day, which is a day where parents can come in, tour the school, and decide if they want to send their children there. I helped out a lot with that. I set up a few of the rooms with different things that the school has to offer. For example one room we set up the interactive white board and opened a few games that we use for math and phonics lessons. I was also in charge of tea and coffee! The school ended up having a great turn out, and I really enjoyed getting to know some of the parents and their children. The rest of the week flew by as usual. We are always working on some sort of art during the week, and since we are learning about animals, I decided to do a frog project with the girls! They turned out so nice! (pictures below). We also finished up our spring bulletin board (pictures below). For the rest of the week we continued on with our usual schedule.  I did a lesson on manners, which was a lot of fun because we did a little acting! The girls really enjoyed it. I also taught them a few new songs for music! All the songs were about spring time. Everything feels so routine now I don't think much about what I am doing even though I am teaching full days! It was really nice being back in my class as opposed to filling in for someone else. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I came back! I can't imagine how I will feel in three weeks when I am done for good :(!!  I decided that for the weekend I would stay in Listowel. On friday night I went out with some of the teachers at school. There was a fundraiser put on by the school at a local pub, so we all attended that! It was a pub quiz which pretty much means that you form teams of four and someone asks questions. There were about seventeen tables so the school ended up making a lot of money! I was happy to be able to participate! On saturday, I went to my host brothers "gig" in a town near by! He was excellent, and I had a lot of fun! The week and weekend were wonderful, and I am trying to savor every moment I have for I know they will fly by from here on out! Only three weeks of student teaching left and only two weekends until my mom comes to Dublin! Crazy to think I have been here for almost two months!


No comments:

Post a Comment