Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Short Week

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't had the chance to update my blog in a while, so I am sure this will be a long one. Last week was as wonderful as ever. I often look back on my week and wonder what I did because I am so swamped, I can't remember, or because time is flying by so quicky. I don't know which it is, but I will do my best to remember what we did. We started the week with talking about the seasons. As spring time is approaching we are preparing the classroom. One major project that I am working on with the girls is the spring bulletin board. I wanted to create a spring bulletin board of which the girls could be apart. We all pitched in and made a beautiful board. Each student contributed a couple of things pieces of art. We also practiced a spring poem for our poetry study. This was something that was going on at different times during all week. We also did another valentines day project, in addition to our stain glass window hearts. Needless to say, all of the art work we did turned out beautifully. Beyond that, the week was busy with our usual studies. With it being my fifth week of teaching, I am finally in a routine, and my time management is point on. Everything is falling together perfectly. I am really happy with everything here and it keeps getting better. I wasn't feeling the greatest this weekend so I didn't do much but rest up and hang around the house.

A while back the principle of the school I am working at, asked me if I would fill in for the 2nd class teacher who was going to be out this week. I agreed, not really knowing what I was doing. Well this week was the week I filled in. It was a short week because the school has mid term break so we have Thursday and Friday off :) So Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I filled in for the teacher who was gone. I was SO nervous going in because I did not think I could handle an entirely new class all on my own for three days. I am happy to report I survived :) I had the greatest week this 2nd class. The girls were so wonderful and helpful! It was a crazy three days because we had so much going on. On Monday we had our regular studies, along with football, and a life size game of shoots and ladders (it focused on the benefits of walking to school rather than driving). Tuesday the girls had Irish dance, which was SO cool to watch! I wanted to join in so badly but I thought I would save myself from the embarassment. They also had Tin Whistle which is an instrument incase you did not know. Today(wednesday) they had gymnastics, first confession practice, and the Kerry life bus came to school! All of these different events kept the girls really busy and kept me in a dizzy trying to keep up! Beyond just those we accomplished a lot in the classroom. I was really honored that I was asked to fill in and I really enjoyed myself. I love that I now know 16 new faces in school! Although I had a great time in 2nd class I really missed my junior infants and look forward to going back on Monday.

With the long weekend I plan on taking advantage and doing some traveling. I plan on going to Galway on Friday! I am so happy about many different things in my life right now. I am trying not to focus on the fact that I only have one month left, and that I am starting my 7th week next week. Time is flying and I wish it would slow down, but since I know that won't happen I am cherishing every moment I have. So I will leave you with a quote and a few pictures!


"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
after being drenched from the rain walking home, a beautiful rainbow


working on our spring board 
shoots and ladders board game

again


No comments:

Post a Comment