Monday, March 11, 2013

Nearly There

This past week was very busy with a number of different things. Monday we worked on our mothers day booklets. Each page had a different things that their mommy does, for example; my mommy cooks, my mommy cleans, my mommy gardens. In the booklet the girls colored in the pages and also added a little message to each page. We sent those booklets home on Friday with the girls so each mom would have them for mothers day (which was sunday). That kept us pretty busy throughout the week. This past week the girls also performed at assembly - each class takes a turn every Monday preparing some sort of poem or song. This past Monday was our turn, so we performed the hokey pokey in Irish. I had some help from my cooperating teacher with that (considering I know little to no Irish). The girls did a great job with their performance! On Tuesday we carried on with our normal schedule. The rest of the week from that point on was pretty calm. Since it is a new month, we started a new oral language poster  - we are talking about home. I did a number of different lessons on this concept - it was a lot of fun hearing the kids talk about their homes and compare and contrast their home. The girls really enjoyed it. We also learned a few new songs. Since the girls don't have what we would call "specials" in America - we teach everything (art, music, Irish etc). So I taught a few new songs which they really enjoyed. The big topic in school is St. Patricks's day. I did a few different lessons on St. Patrick's day last week which got the girls excited about the parade. I will unfortunately not be able to be there with the kids when they walk in the parade, but last week and this week we have been preparing - with the kids and planning the entire thing with the staff as well. It is going to be absolutely gorgeous - I have been really busy with helping as much as I can! The other main talk in the school this past week was my teachers wedding!

In preparation for the wedding, one of the staff members took me to Tralee to help me find a dress. While I didn't find anything, we had a great time. We had a wonderful dinner, and it was just nice to relax outside of school. This weekend one of the teachers I have been working with got married! She invited the entire staff (including myself). It was an amazing time. I could not think of a better way to spending my last weekend in Listowel. My teacher looked absolutely amazing! It was also a blast just being able to spend time with the staff outside of school. I never thought coming to Ireland that I would get to experience a real Irish wedding. Overall. it was a great last weekend in town. I am very sad to be saying that this is my last week teaching in Listowel. I have become so close with so many different people (staff and students) I really do not want to have to say goodbye. I am sure I won't be thinking much about it this week because it is a really busy one! But the positive thing is that my mom will be arriving in Ireland come Friday :) I am so excited to see her!

at the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment